View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 11:10 PM

runningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud of
Default Re: Vertical casting vs non-vertical

The Belgium or the Oval cast is my go to cast when I am casting heavy flies. Just today, I did a vertical cast and a sneaky pete hit the inside flap of my hat and missed my right ear thanks to the buffs that I wore to cover my face and ears.
I am having difficulties to open my loop for larger flies in vertical casting, especially when I have higher ground behind me. It is either I am ducking or the flies hitting the rod. But that could be just a problem for a newbie.
However, Non-Vertical or Belgian cast helps me a lot. All I have to do is doing 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock counter clockwise. Regarding the accuracy, I think following thru after your forward cast increase the accuracy, just like the golf swing.