View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Textured or not?

The sound textured lines make don't seem to bother fish. If any sound above the water bothered fish Hardy would have been out of business long ago!
I like to think that the sound a Hardy makes when a fish runs is actually a fish call that attracts more fish. Maybe this is true of textured lines too. The sound the lines make doesn't bother me at all. What it does is make use of the sense of sound to help you know what the line is doing. It can be just an additional sensory treat to add to the others that makes fly fishing so great.

If you ever get the chance to cast a real silk line do so. They make noise too but that sound struck more like music to the ears than noise. The sound didn't seem to affect Gramp's fishing judging by the old black and white pictures I see of stringers full of fat trout!