View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:49 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: 3 wt Rod Recommendation (BVK maybe)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts47 View Post
These two suggest two different rods - a shorter 3 weight and a longer 4 wt. I was trying not to buy multiple rods. Maybe now I better understand why so many fly fishermen own so many rods.
I think everything said re the BVK at 8' is accurate. It's a little quick for me (a CT 3wt owner) but very crisp and light in hand.

I do like it at 10' very much for nymphing. Fished one for a couple of hours not long ago matched with a little Konic and 4 wt line. Very sweet set up for nymphing...and a roll casting jessie.

If you want something softer for presenting dries, it's probably not for you, as it's not for me...but for the right guy, it's very nice.

As with all rods, the BVK doesn't do well if left on the roof of your truck as you drive down hwy 395. Good news is the warranty works very well...this according to my pal who tested the question.