View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 PM

petee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 3 wt Rod Recommendation (BVK maybe)?

Since I have never cast a combo fly rod so I probably shouldn't even post on this. But I will anyway. I lump combo fly rods in the same catagory as spin / fly rod combos. They might work for two different situations, but may not do either great.

Personal opinion: Buy the right rod(s) for your various fishing situations. Just like a golfer doesn't carry one club for the entire course, the same rod doesn't work for all your given situations. Yes, the initial cost of a couple of rods will cost you, but I am betting you will end up buying more than one rod/ combo. Then again I am a certified rod junkie and build my own.

All we can do is speculate on what your preferences are. Cast as many rods as you can.
"Blessed is the fly fisher who's quiver contains grass, glass & graphite custom rods." Book of Rods 3:16