View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone trending upward in rod weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
I guess "intended species" is a good thing to consider, but honestly I probably lean more toward "intended flies and conditions" now.
"Intended flies and condition" is generally in direct correlation with intended species. If I am out fishing for bluegill, I know that most of my flies are going to be pretty darn small so the 2 of 4wt are gonna generally be my choices. If I am throwing tiny dry flies for them in a small creek or pond, then the 2 will probably be my main choice. If I plan on throwing some "bigger" poppers, I'll use the 4.

If I am chasing smallies, I'll be using weighted clousers or some smaller deer hair poppers so the 6 is my usual rod for that. If conditions are extra windy or if I am throwing bigger poppers, I'll generally throw the 8 instead. Same goes for large mouth.

My point is that intended species and intended flies generally go together.