View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 05:40 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Vertical casting vs non-vertical

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I would think the great distance casters have a firm grasp of casting fundamentals. You can tweak the fundamentals to you own particular style but.....IMHO....you'll pay in the long run. Stay with the basics and watch and learn from the pros.
I agree. We may simply be using different symantics and definitions. Casting fundamentals are nothing more than derivitives of laws of physics.

The widely divergent style difference between Lefty and Steve Rajeff both are based on identical fundamental casting mechanics. Style develops around the fundamentals: it does not attempt (sucessfully) to change them.

My point was:
Quote:
What I think IS important is to learn the fundamentals, then experiment to find the best way for you to execute those fundamentals your own way. Remember too, that tournaments, whether distance or accuracy, are not fishing.
The reason I say this is because some people cannot cast well using the Steve Rajeff style or the Lefty style or the Paul Arden style etc. Everyone needs to experiment to find his own "default" style for different casts and different conditions. It's a long term, personal exploration.