View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Pet Peeve's.............

It could be said that I've led a charmed life to some extent, I say it and I believe it true. Ever since I was a child all roads led to water and for almost 24 years a friend traveled many of them with me. We met in 1973 at the place where we both worked and by 1977 he began to go on fishing trips with me. Over all those years and all those rivers I can't say that anything about our fishing together bothered me. Anything that may have was turned into a matter for humor that we both could have a good laugh on. Even though I sometimes took the fishing very seriously as did he, we always found something to make fun of ourselves about. Not all trips turned out as we had hoped.

We took many long trips and during the hours on the road we pontificated the problems of our world and of our lives. We talked about everything that seemed to matter along with those that didn't, and we talked about fishing a lot

Since I left North central Pennsylvania in 2004 to the best of my understanding he has only went fishing a handful of times. He tells me that it just isn't the same. He says that "It wasn't really the fishing, it was the camaraderie that he enjoyed". He says I was the engine and that he enjoyed the ride.

I left Pennsylvania on a mission, I knew I would fish and that I would fish alone now without my old buddy. We stay in touch, I keep hoping that he will come here one day to see what I've found but this isn't for everyone. This place can be hostile with its weather and the rivers are a challenge in more ways than one. I don't know if we'll fish here together or not but if we do it'll be a good day. Until that day he says that he lives a life on the rivers vicariously through me................

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;