View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:01 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hip waders or boots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
Anyone have a preference for a good set of hippers? I'm getting less interested in deeper wading due to annoyance and in some cases, potential hazards to my health . I really, really enjoy more shallow wading with hippers, but my last pair was a crappy set that wore out last year.

Anyone use hippers as their primary wading tool? Any tips?

Thanks,

I thought about that for a long time when I was fishing smaller water, the kind of things you could cross dry if you were willing to walk a bit and a little rock hopping.

I eventually went with a good pair of "muck boots". What I found was it made me think a little more about what I was wading through and where I was fishing. Sometimes that little rock over hang in 8" of water IS the deep, sheltered, safe place in the immediate area.

Then again, a pair of neoprene stocking foots are still perking in the back of my mind. (The deciding factor on the "muck boots" approach was a really good deal at Bass Pro.)