View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where Should I Go!?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
I may be a bit biased because I live in the area, but I would head directly north and fish the North Platte below Lake Ogallala in Nebraska, huge rainbows, and decent size cutts and browns to be had. Then head west and hit the Miracle Mile and Grey Reef near Casper Wyoming for some streamer chuckin' fun. Head home through Colorado and New Mexico and hit up some some smaller streams. Something along those lines is what I would do for trout. Maybe include Montana in your trip also...

-Chase
Layton: I like Chase's suggestion, both are tailwaters so you won't have an issue with spring runoff. I'm not familiar with the North Platte below Lake Ogallala but Chase has talked about the great fishing there in the past, so that is definitely a place to consider. The North Platte at both the Miracle Mile and Grey Reef offer some really good fishing and have camping available at both locations. If you decide on fishing the Grey Reef and would like to do a float, send me a PM and maybe we can get together as I have a drift boat and love fishing the Grey Reef.

Larry

Larry