Thread: Lines
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 01:47 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
I won a nice, custom built 9ft 7wt at a local gathering last weekend. It's pretty fast and the 7wt line I have (RIO Bass/Musky WF7F) but I'm thinking more of a WF8F.
Go to your local shop, and borrow a demo reel that is spooled up with an eight weight line (heck, try a nine weight line if you really feel like it). Do some parking lot casting with a big puffy indicator tied to the end of the leader. If you like that line, then you will know what choice to make.

Quote:
1- I already have a 7 that will use the above mentioned Bass/Musky line. Should I consider a Sink-tip for streamers and lake fishing or just go with a WF8F?
Ask your fishing buddies or the guys at your local fly shop for what is the best line strategy for your region and how you fish (walk and wade, float tube, boat).

Quote:
2- What lines do you guys recommend? I really like the SA Lefty Kreh lines...they seem real slick when shooting line. A lot faster than the bass/musky.
I'm a big fan of the Rio Outbound Short lines. These are integrated shooting heads that are overlined by two line sizes. These were designed to help rods throw large payloads.

Dennis