View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spline on multi-piece rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by petee View Post
With technology being what it is today ou may not be able to actually find the spine on the butt section or possibily even the second section from the butt. By the time you crank on the section hard enough to bend it you can lose the feel for the spine. With a couple of sections put together you might find in to each section by playing with the section locations.

Pete
I don't know about that. On my 17' 11 wt. I could do it and that's about as heavy as you can find. The second piece from the tip was actually the hardest just because it didn't have much of one. I have seen a few blanks that are perfect and have no spine. Most of them were all one model of casting rod.

I do it in a set of rod stands with wheels. I never do the floor or table way because of imperfections in either can make the rod lie to you. If you put one end on something, make it something very smooth.