View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: What Makes a Great Fly-Shop?

Welcome to the forum Donald,

Are you planning one?

You need to be ready for two distinct type customer although there may be many, I see 2 a lot.

Type one; fairly new to fly fishing and impressionable. For this person you need the brands and products that are featured in current marketing campaigns. The new & sought after rods & reels etc. These folks will have plenty of questions along the lines of, "so what's better", and you'll have to be ready with the answer.

Type 2: These are people who have everything and are browsing your inventory. For them, hard to find hooks and tying materials will be a find more often than a new rod.

I'm a type 2, I like finding a few spools of silk in a color I don't have or some neat hooks to tie on. My most recent buy were several packs of Senyo Shanks to learn tying articulated flies on. The guys at the shop I go to know I have a bunch of rods & reels but are always ready to show me the newest thing in fly design.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;