View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 10:08 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Orvis glass rods to be offered ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
didnt even know they made glass spey rods fred
pretty cool!
micheal, havent heard any news from orvis about glass but we now
have ard on it.
looking forward to hearing more

casey
The rods almost a 'one off.' Steve Godshall, best known for his custom cut fly lines, came across 6 eleven foot blanks in the back of some where house. If I had to make a guess either the Lamiglas plant or next door at Angler's Workshop (Woodland Washington).

No information on the blanks but when Steve tested them out they appeared to have been intended/built out as a 9 or 10 weight single hander. Done as a switch rod they came out as a 6/7. The line he built for me is 27.5 foot head at 430 grains. He named the rod "88," which I think was a great choice as this shorty is a real cannon.

Bye the bye, the fishing here on the upper Rogue is bonkers at the moment. Ton of winter runs still in the river AND the Spring Kings are already showing up. The odd part is a few folks have already caught Summer Run's!
Fred