View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: How important is rod/reel balance?

Time for some ........ Click the image to open in full size.

When you say 'balance' I take that literally. Speaking on single hand fly rods here; balance (to me) and we all have our own ideas on this, means that when you are holding the rod in your hand at your side it rests in a horizontal manner. I believe the rod / reel / line combo should do this without your having to apply a death grip on the cork to keep the rod riding horizontally as you would walk along a creek or river with your rod rigged and a fly on the keeper. I don't like to walk along with a rod that wants to dip into the rocks or brush tip heavy, nor do I want it to try to tip backward with the tip reaching to the sky. I guess I could just squeeze the cork tighter when I'm not fishing but I like a more relaxed walk.

Once you are casting there doesn't seem to be such a thing as balance or if there is I've been missing that part for a long time.

I know that to some this may say Click the image to open in full size. but to me it makes sense.

I know you're lovin those smilies aren't ya

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;