View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where Should I Go!?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrharge22 View Post

I think going to the San Juan in New mexico then into southern Colorado would be the easiest for where i am coming from and for time and money purposes.
Hard to argue with that choice! Sounds like a plan.

Now time to start cramming - and I'm not talking about your schoolwork, although I suppose that's important too.

Read as much as you can on tailwater fisheries in general, they are a completely different animal from free-running rivers (went through this personally moving from PA to UT). And I'm sure there are books, websites, etc. 100% dedicated to the San Juan River being that it is a destination fishery.

Get ready to do some serious midge fishing.

Most important of all. Locate the best/closest fly shop to where you'll be going. Chat'em up ahead of time and spend a few bucks there to tap the local knowledge.

Good luck, tight lines, and look forward to hearing the story!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring