View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 AM

stenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where Should I Go!?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrharge22 View Post

I think going to the San Juan in New mexico then into southern Colorado would be the easiest for where i am coming from and for time and money purposes.
Hard to argue with that choice! Sounds like a plan.

Now time to start cramming - and I'm not talking about your schoolwork, although I suppose that's important too.

Read as much as you can on tailwater fisheries in general, they are a completely different animal from free-running rivers (went through this personally moving from PA to UT). And I'm sure there are books, websites, etc. 100% dedicated to the San Juan River being that it is a destination fishery.

Get ready to do some serious midge fishing.

Most important of all. Locate the best/closest fly shop to where you'll be going. Chat'em up ahead of time and spend a few bucks there to tap the local knowledge.

Good luck, tight lines, and look forward to hearing the story!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring