View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 02:27 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 weeks of chaos! It's a race to the 22nd

Nice work as always Marco!Not to add to your stress but you need to hit those Shad again and the bucktails need hair and dont forget the Stripers !
Just kidding!
Been there and done that( I had 4 of my own who all wanted new rods for salt and fresh) Luckily I had my good friend Uncle Joe the rod builder who always helped. Now that hes gone I have three grandchildren so you know why I was at Cabelas today. More costly but less time consuming!

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Like you said about your rod builder friends I dont know how some of these guys do 5 or 6 rods a week! Joe was a full time butcher and rewrapped all the rods for all the boats in Freeport plus built customs for a full list of customers including Yankee and Ranger players as well as guys like me. The man was a machine and still going strong at 80!
Would build anything except a fly rod. Made me a noodle stick one year and somehow I convinced him to make me a fly rod out of a similiar blank. Of all the rods he made for me and my family over the years I treasure that the most cause its the only one out of literally thousands that he ever made.
One piece 10 wt casts like a rocket just a pain to transport!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser