View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 06:12 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boston Mass, coming from UK, tips for trout fishing locations

Hi Lankster,

Unfortunately, the Boston area is not a trout fishing mecca. There is a significant amount of stocking on most of the larger ponds/lakes and rivers/brooks; both Spring and Fall, but it's far from ideal trout water in my opinion.

North of Boston, there are a series of brooks/small rivers that can yield you both stocked and native trout. These include: Fish Brook in Ipswich, the Ipswich River in Topsfield, the East Meadow River in Haverhill, the Little River in Plaistow, NH.

From Boston you can get out to the Swift River in Western MA in 3 hours, which has some better trout water.

The best trout fishing in the "Boston Area" is probably in Northern Maine. But, you'll be driving about 4 hours to get there. If you're ambitious, then a trip to the origin of the Kennebec River, as it comes out of Moosehead; the East Branch, will give you some very nice trout fishing, as well as a chance at some landlocked Salmon.

Recently, I've started poking about in the Boston area and fishing for small, native Brookies with a 2 wt. rod. If you like this size fish (I do), then there's much more to choose from that's close to Boston.

Pocono

Last edited by Pocono; 04-28-2013 at 06:19 PM.