View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Carbon fiber when?

Hi Pete,

You probably know I like the old classic stuff, however back around 1994 a friend gave me a graphite reel made in the late 80's early 1990 period. As the years went on it kinda grew on me and I began using it. They were made by BFR I believe and sold with the Cortland name. The drag was fair but not the smoothest start up but for streamer fishing with heavy leader the reel has been very useful.

I understand this isn't what you're talking about but here's a Cortland Graphite LTD 60.
Click the image to open in full size.

They built them to have a 'Marquis like' look about them with disc drag and palming rim. I use it each year on small creeks here.

I just can't stand to see a thread go without a reply

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;