View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 04:13 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boston Mass, coming from UK, tips for trout fishing locations

I can't say that I remember their names, but over the years I've run into 10 or a dozen different guys from the UK that were over every year to fish spring stripers at Cape Cod.
The first few seasons they were coming across the pond as part of a tour with guides but in later years they came individually or within their own little groups
They were REALLY into it as our striped bass were similar to, but much larger than the sea bass that they regularly fished for on the Welch and Irish coasts.

For trout... I agree with the guys that if you want trout, don't expect ito find them near Boston.
If you want to taste quality New England trout fishing.... think Maine
It's not that much further than western Mass. and will be much more of a (civilized) wilderness experience.
There's many outstanding trout streams in Maine once you get away from the coast, but the very best may be the west branch of the Penobscot, the east outlet of the Kennebec, and the tailwaters of the Rangeley area

(Edit....now that I think about it, one of the more enthusiastic Brits that I met while striper fishing was a fellow by the name of Mike Oliver.
Maybe you know him from one of the UK forums)

Last edited by Rip Tide; 04-28-2013 at 05:27 PM.