View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 05:50 PM

BigJim2x is a jewel in the roughBigJim2x is a jewel in the roughBigJim2x is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
There are no felt bans here in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Or Illinois... None of the Driftless has felt bans... But more than likely is right around the corner... You can guarantee it... Personally I've had nil issues with Vibram bottoms here in the DA... When I needed my last new pair of boots I opted to go the Vibram/rubber sole route as to not have to worry about ditching my felt in the future... So that's definitely something to take into mind.. I'd hate to end up with a $100+ pair of boots that I can't wear
I recently spoke with several MN DNR officers at the MN Outdoor Expo and again at the Fly Fishing Expo. I was told that there is no talk of a felt ban; The DNR are required to wear felt when they are in the water and rinse the soles when they leave but there is no talk of requiring the public to rinse.

Neither banning felt or rinsing it is around the corner in MN (although rinsing isn't a bad idea).

Jim