View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:10 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boston Mass, coming from UK, tips for trout fishing locations

Maps are a very good thing, and I'd also suggest when you scope down on an area you flip on your computer and hit 'Google Earth.' Amazing what you can learn from that before you go 'boots on the ground.'

One other suggestion I'd make is get yourself a GPS with US maps. Reason is much of your fishing will require quite a drive into areas that you have zero familiarity. Even if you don't have exact coordinates you can key in something that's 'close' and road map it from there. You don't need the biggest/best GPS, just a base model will cover you 99% of the time. Personal preference are the Garmin's. Bottom of my list is the Tom-Toms.

Fred