View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:38 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rod wrapping devices ???

If it works for you then it's perfect! So you did the rod tip constant tensioner ala Dan? What is the dowel to the right do? It there a paint brush tip dangling off it?

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
This is fine if your building 3 or 4pc flyrods. If your working with longer sections of blank you will need to make atleast one more v-block to support a longer blank. The bed of my rod wrapper has 4 4' sections to accommodate up to 12", one piece surf rods comfortably.
I did make one single block support that I put outside the stand to support a long end. That XP I just built is a 9'6" two piece, so I had my challenges just with the 57" sections in my stupid little basement room!

Anyway, a question for you guys: I see that some folks have their thread coming from the above the rod, others like it run from underneath then up and around the rod. I know it's personal preference, but are there practical advantages/disadvantages to one way or the other?