It's colder up here, that's what keeps me from traveling. Anymore I don't need a thermometer to know the temp, I figure it was 16* around 6:15 AM here with light cloud cover.
I wanna go but drifting down the river with ice forming on my boot laces isn't my idea of fun anymore. The cold nights are keeping all our home rivers locked in ice still. We're close but there are only some open leads and no where to launch the river boat yet. May is the very best time for trout & grayling up here, sometimes into early June if things don't get too warm too quickly. Once the rivers rise the fish are still there but are very hard sport.
The good news is that the big raft is still full of air
Assembly serves as a reminder as to why I wait until the last possible day before I take them down in the fall. If I tried leaving them inflated and outside all winter I'm not sure how that would work. I've been taking them down and storing the tubes indoors since I got them.