View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: A Sure Sign That I'm Almost Ready To Fish;

This whole ice thing! If it weren't for that spring would be great

On a side note: I heard on the morning radio that yesterday a female brown bear took hold of a fellow at the Public Use Area parking lot on Kasilof. The fellow had injuries to his arm but when Troopers arrived to investigate the bear charged them and was shot.

This is a dangerous time of season for man & bear alike. They are coming out but with the ice and snow clinging stubbornly to the earth there is little food. They will be prowling the river sides looking for dead salmon or a drowned moose right now. This is why I'm wanting to fish from the raft. I can anchor out in a couple feet of water and wade leaving Boss on his gear deck bed.

You can get a good look at the shore line from the middle of the river and I don't want to be wandering along at the edge of the trees right now.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;