View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boston Mass, coming from UK, tips for trout fishing locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankster View Post
Hi All,

I've had a look at the Mass Gov, Fishing Licence requirements, can anyone confirm if it is the "Non-Resident Citizen/Alien Freshwater Fishing for $37.50 that I require.

Also, when I get to the fishing, is the access to rivers and waters controlled by local fishing clubs, like it is in UK where I need a day ticket from a club. Or is the water free to use as long as public access is available.

Welcome any replies.
Yup, the $37.50 is good for the full season, but you could also purchase the "3 day" at $23.50 if that would suit your needs. You'd have to choose the three consecutive days in advance, however.
Public water is just that and any club controlled water is rare and will be well marked. Private land is often open too and if it's not it is usually "posted" .

Woodriver....The Mass marine license is not only good in Mass and RI but in CT and NH as well. I'm not sure how reciprocal the Maine license is but the one that I bought last year was all of a dollar