Thread: white fly rod??
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 AM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all
Default Re: white fly rod??

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamwalker View Post
well heres the thing ran across some pictures of white fly rod blanks..and i must say..i need one ( mainly want ) anyways thats not the important part haha..dose anyone know of a manufacture who make a white fly rod? if not how much would i be looking at cost wise for a rod builder to build me one?
Before you buy a glass rod, check out "Tightloopflyrods" website. George is one of, if not the most talented rod builders I have come across. He builds a beautiful Kabuto white and also Epic nude that you would give your eye teeth to have. Price is reasonable for a custom made rod, especially when you look at what they are asking for in factory made graphite today. His site is full of pictures of his builds of a variety of blank manufacturers, dating back several years. I was so impressed that I have ordered a white Kabuto 764-3 and if it is half the rod that I think it is, I will be after another E-glass rod before the end of the year. Well worth the wait IMHO.