View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy Access Spots in Jackson Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Isn't Davo still in Jackson? What the heck every happened to Davo??

What these guys said, the Snake is a big, but wader friendly river in places, in August you'll be fine. There is really nice access N of town. I personally love the Gros Ventre (gro-VAUNT), Flat Creek is super cool but as Bugger said super challenging. It doesn't open till sometime in July though, so the fish might not be super-spooked and you might get to fish hoppers to them. Hogback Creek is on the edge of town ... get a map, man! There are rivers large and small all over the place in that area!

And welcome to the forum.

--------------------

Check that! Flat Creek opens August 1. So, the fish will not be as wary right off, but expect the flat meadow that the river meanders through to be pocked with brimmed hats and fisherman everywhere!
John: Davo is still in Jackson, but doesn't guide as far as I can tell. He used to work as a night security guard and on the weekends would guide, but got laid off from the security outfit. It took several months but he found a steady job with a landscaping company and recently got promoted to a supervisor. Davo, my gf and I attended the FF film tour in Jackson a month or so ago and had a great time. He is getting the itch to fish and we normally will do a float together on the South Fork in May when the Snake is blown out.

Larry