View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 08:13 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Economical Premium Reel Advice

Of the "economical premium" reels, I would give a hard look at the Galvan Rush LT 4 or 5. The Rush LT series is the same as Galvan's top of the line Torque Series, but the Rush LT uses simpler porting. The drag systems are the same. The spools are interchangeable between series.

Galvan is a family run business based out of Sonora, California. Most likely the hands of a Galvan family member touched the reel. If you have any questions or issues with a Galvan reel, you will be talking with one of the Galvans.

In regards to its superior customer service, the topic has come up many times.
Galvan Reels CS/Warranty Rocks!
Galvan Rush: Drag Question
Galvan Customer Service!

Here in Northern California, most guides I know use Galvans as personal and client reels. They could get any reel at professional prices, but they support Galvan. It is a well made piece of equipment, that one does not have to worry about failing.

Dennis

Edit: A Rush LT will cost you more than the sub $200 that you had in mind, but the reel will last. The shop that I used to work at has 10 year old Galvan Torque demo reels that are still going strong.