Thread: warmwater pics
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 12:15 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: warmwater pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
Here's a pic of a small, schoolie Striper to compare. You can see the profile is a little different, Wipers are also usually a little lighter and the markings are less defined.

Click the image to open in full size.
Nothing like making things confusing but the top picture is a White Bass . The picture of the Hybrid Striper or White Rock or Wiper or the many other names it is called is on the previous page at the bottom. The easiest way to distinguish the wiper from Striped Bass or White Bass is to look at it's stripes . The stripes on the White Rock are broken towards the top of the row . Look at Swirls Striper no break in the lines then look at the White Bass above no broken lines . Want to really get confused ? Try fishing the river that has all three in WV , the bigger ones are easy to ID but when they are under 10 inches you really have to look. What always amazes me is how a fish created from the cross of two species with straight stripes ends up with broken stripes ! Thank you this was my attempt to really muddy things up ! Haha!

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish View Post
I swear I didn't know my hope was going to some true. Only dang fish I landed all weekend! Lost one other, probably a walleye by the way it reacted.

First ever wiper on the fly. Pink over White 3" Clouser.

Click the image to open in full size.
Note the broken lines at the front tip of the fish. Definitely a Wiper!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser