View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:03 AM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2013 5-Weight Shootout

Quote:
Originally Posted by petee View Post
Until they ruin a bunch of beautiful rods by painting them black, for any testing other than appearance, I don't see how they can't be bias. I know I am a bit bias toward my favorite brand of anything no matter how hard I try to be unbias. Example: Browning firearms are my favorite. I see that buck logo on a gun and its all over.

When it comes down to a slight margin to decide the victor, any wee bit of bias can affect the results.

Just my $.02,
Pete
I'd definitely take these shootouts more seriously if this was the case... It's pretty tough to know what you're holding and not be biased one way or another... after all.. we're fly fishermen... We're all heavily opinionated and if you love St. Croix, Orvis, G.Loomis, Sage, Redington, TFO or any other rod maker out there... It's gonna be tough for anyone to convince us otherwise