View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:36 PM

moxnichts will become famous soon enoughmoxnichts will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Let's Talk About Knives.....................

I hadn't lost a knife in years. Except a couple weeks ago a friend and I took a trip to the Pit River. Had lots of fun but the weather was generally rainy and wet and the river was kind of blown out. We fished 1/2 on Friday, all day Sat and 1/2 day on Sunday. We were pretty wet on the way out so were looking for a covered place to get out of our waders before the drive home and found a winterized pizza restaurant with an overhang to change.

During tackle breakdown I set my old ACE hardware liner lock down and just forgot to pick it up along with an indicator and a few flies. This is the old knife that you take everywhere because its small, very functional and the one that you least mind losing, but perhaps will miss the most. Bummer.

The next Big 5 ad had the Kershaw Zing SS on sale for $21 and I downloaded a coupon for $5 off $25 or $10 off $50. So that meant I just had to get 2 Zings and a can of pellets all out the door for ~$43. Such a deal, and now I have a spare. I find the Zing perfect for my needs. What it gives up with a thin handle, it makes up by being easy to carry and the spring assist works very well.