View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 09:58 PM

wildabouttrout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Custom Sage Eddie Bauer Limited Edition LL 590-3

For those interested, I had a conversation with Gary Anderson of ACR- Anderson Custom Rods- last week regarding the Sage/Eddie Bauer rods which he was contracted to produce in quantity for sale in Bauer retail stores in the early 90's (he also did RPL's). If you've seen these rods you notice they are not marked with a "B" for blank, rather say "Custom Sage" with the factory logo.

You will also notice the details are finer than the Sage factory rods. Gary told me that the upgraded hardware and finer craftsmanship are what made these rods special. He was unsure of the numbers he produced because the records were destroyed in a fire in his shop. The rods were produced for five years before being discontinued.

Having spoke to Gary directly and learning about his company Im liking the rod a whole lot more, and relieved its not a homespun rod by a local builder. I think it's the real deal. Occasionally one comes up on an online auction so you can see for yourself. Any problems with the rod Gary said "send it".

Thanks for all the info and feedback.