View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:03 AM

db cooper has a spectacular aura aboutdb cooper has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2013 5-Weight Shootout

I think shootouts are gong shows and this is why. Rods scored differently in the casting categories than they did two years ago. Are we to think they all the sudden quit casting as well? I've been a long fan of mystic and found it odd they didn't test their flagship m series rod but instead the brand new maveryck. Anderson clearly hated that rod but later went on to rave about their reaper which I found funny. What was even odder to me was that no less than a month ago, the mystic mav place third in the Texas fly rod challenge shoot out and in that shot out they were cast by like 100 people! Perhaps mystic and clutch didn't offer enough"grease" for their rods to place higher. Like I said...gong show and the comments they made in the reviews have caused me to loose what little respect for them I had...

I should also add that two of the top 5 rods use the exact same blank made by j.s co. in Korea and they placed differently. Not the same maker, not the same taper...the same blank with different components and marketing. Anderson knows this and doesn't mention a thing. One of our sports dirty little secrets

Last edited by db cooper; 05-02-2013 at 12:49 PM.