View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 5-Weight Shootout

I looked at the shoot-out, and think George is all over the place with his opinions. The Circa is too soft, but scored higher than the ONE which he also said was too soft...???? The praise he heaped on the ONE is gone now, and said it's due for a re-design two years later. Yeah, the Sage ONE Part Two. That would kill sales of the original ONE, but whatever. I used to work in the bicycle biz, and that industry LOVES to redesign every each year. They're worse than car companies. Good luck finding parts for last year's bike. They'd prefer you buy a new bike, or at least overhaul the entire system (the moving parts work as a system, and systems get dumped yearly). I like my Sage ZXL and Z-Axis rods, and wish I had kept the 4 and 5wt Z-Axis blanks I bought for half price.

Honestly.....well.....you don't want to know my opinion of this scatterbrain bunch of nonsense. I can go to the local fly shop and decide for myself. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Anderson tells his sales staff to push the $200 Ross rod on the newbie, and then sell him whatever $700 rod he puts on top later that year or the following season.