View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM

silvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: "meet the hendriksons" video tie...

the Tightline Productions Videos are so incredible...I will P/U a copy of that book too...

after some more research(watching some more videos of the bugs in their natural environment) I should switch the elk fur and mallard flank...putting the mallard flank on top...and the elk fur on the bottom...to be more accurate as to the colors ...

I have to be honest here...after 40 some years of tying...I am finally starting to figure it out...

what I mean is this...for years I always copied other patterns...then I started making modifacations based on personal observances...ie seining and using a stomach pump...

now I am actually starting to feel free to just copy bugs straight up...I always knew that the colors used by many patterns were more for attraction...and not the natural colors...now I dont care...I am just tying from what I see in nature...either from my own experience...or from videos or similar that take it to the next level...

what a thrill it is to connect with a bug you made from scratch!

I really appreciate remarks and post by folks like yourselves to help us all raise the bar...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/