View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 11:29 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, or Basalt Colorado?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
If you stay around as a participant I'll tell you where I had the very best experiences in that general area. There's always a spot that does not get as crowded as the Frying Pan or The Roaring Fork, but if you're only going to ask me where to go I feel un-liked.

Most of my info about the lower 48 is based on trips prior to 2004 but some things are still good. I'll wait to see if you join in other threads here before I send any tips..........

Old school,

Ard
Hey Ard, can I get a little rec action too por favor?

Used to live in Vail Valley, but now stay with friends in Carbondale area on our annual trip to CO, and don't have any good ideas on where to go on our own. Have floated with a guide before, but that's darn expensive... Can probably only do that for one day. Plan on trophy hunting with a buddy, as well as trying to put my wife onto some fish (she's pretty handy with a fly rod). Not afraid to hike, drive, explore, whatever. Our little group group has climbed several 14ers together, and now I've gotten a couple of them into fly fishing after years (and years) of being real close buddies

Also want to hit the South Platte with a buddy from Denver whom I've been helping to teach for the last couple of years every time we get a chance to hang out...