View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:23 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casting into the wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by busbus View Post
Okay, guys. I tried. I deliberately left the spinning rod in the trunk and took the fly rod on the small lake I fish yesterday. The wind was blowing. And blowing. And blowing. No matter where I went, it seemed like the wind was blowing right into my face.

I already cast as well as a one-legged duck walks and swims but it was totally stupid yesterday. No way could it work.

I hate to say it but, after an hour, I got my spinning rod and even had a little hard time casting it.

What really irritated me was that I was seeing a number of mayflies (or something?) hit the water. Spent. And none of them lasted more than 20-30 seconds before they were sucked up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ,
ray
It sucks, only way to describe it. Try switching to a sidearm cast keeping the line lower will reduce the exposure to the wind. Also keep your casts short because a long cast will just hang there and the line just piles up.
Good Luck