View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 11:36 AM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Textured or not?

I've been using the SA Clouser in 8wt that is texture so this might not all apply to a fresh water trout 5wt use.

Having said that I love the way it shoots. It seems to shoot better than my other 8wt SW tapers. It is a bit noisier but in a comforting way, for me the light whirrrr is useful in timing backcast just before first light. My sons says it sounds "cool", so this is probably a 'non-factor'.

Huge downside if you are unprepared is the wear on your index finger when working/stripping lures. We put a lot of movement in our streamers and poppers. Often the reds & spcs want really active baits. My first morning I rubbed two places on my index finger then one onmy middle finger bare (trying to stay in the game fishing but shifting the pain/wear). Man it hurt with the saltwater adding to the pain index.

After that I bring a few waterprook bandages which I apply stratigically to my index finger, so this problem disappears. Kind of like the football players taping up for the big game.

The rougher surface does seem to collect dirt a bit quicker but this cleans off easy.

Pete A.