View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 11:57 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Which vest to get? (Orvis vs Fishpond)

I can't help you on these specific models either. But I did own a FP Waterdance as well. I used it hard for 5 years and it was still perfectly functional albeit well worn when I decided to try a sling. Fishpond is certainly well made and durable if a little heavy and bulky. The only thing I'd say is to consider the weight and how hot you'll be in the summer, the mesh back looks like a nice feature. Otherwise, I am fickle and want my vest/pack to do specific things...but I'm also cheap so I really like to wear/test something before committing. Unfortunately that means actually fishing in something to really know how it will work. So I like to know the return policy and try not to get it dirty during that first "test run" on the stream. I bought Simms chest pack last year from my local shop, wore it fishing one day and hated it. I wiped it clean and returned the next day!