View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 01:23 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bully's bluegill spider tactics

I'll let you in on a few killer secrets to fishing a bully. Take 'em or leave 'em but all I can tell you is I've had easy 50 fish days this way.

First and foremost, find which color legs your eyes detect best in the water and tie them up with that color legs. Leg color isn't for the fish the way I found successful, it's for the angler to detect takes. Bluegill ain't picky.

Using a floating line and rather long leader toss the bully out not to far from you and watch it. When the legs disappear set the hook. It's either a fish, a weed or the bully sunk out of sight so pick it up and do it again. Those legs doing their slow dance while slowly sinking seem to drive the gills nuts. In mid summer when the gills have gone real deep in the summer it gets tougher fishing this way unless you're in an area that gets two or three spawns a year!

Tie them as recommended by the Wilsons. A little lead goes a long, long way.

Strong medicine them bullys... strong medicine.