View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 04:12 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beginner fly tyers material list

This is an excellent post flytire. I was a recipient of a fly tying kit years ago and could not have been happier. It was easily one of the best gifts I've ever received. Now that I'm more experienced, those materials wouldn't be my first choice (probably just the kit I received), but they were good enough to get me hooked on tying that's for sure.

I am generally an advocate of buy the materials as you need them, much as you are. The list you put together would give anyone interested in tying LOTS of options to tie different patterns that's for sure. I don't see any reason to deviate from it, it's very comprehensive and to do so would be like splitting hairs. Somehow I missed that it had already been marked as a sticky, it's certainly worthy.

Nicely done!

Last edited by jaybo41; 05-03-2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Already a sticky. Oops!