View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 01:53 AM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The best that a fly rod has to offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Rick,

You've been quiet for awhile, I saw you're from PA and had to give an atta boy to ya.

Ard
Yeah, I live in York, PA ...... God's country! I'll have to get back to NAFF! I remember you also!

I've upgraded my float tube to a Scadden Outlaw Escape. It is so wonderful and so much fun to fish from. I put it on my car top ...... so easy, so light.

And I upgraded my Superfine to a Helios. I tie all my flies and I fish all the central PA streams (Yellow Breeches, Penns, Letort, Cadorus, Muddy Creek) and I fly fish most of the lakes in central PA.

I've become addicted to fly fishing. Bluegills (my fave) to carp and saltwater, it's my passion!

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
I've been doing the same thing rick. Had a couple 40+ fish days last weekend with my 2wt and my float tube.
Nick,

I saw your posts! Excellent! I'm having the time of my life with the abundant Bluegills, a float tube, and a UL flyrod. I used to use a 1wt Superfine, but I broke it four times ...... and now I use a Helios 3wt. I catch a lot of big gills around 9" and this 3wt is just perfect for me.

Can life possibly get any better?

Tight Lines,
Rick