View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 02:01 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is Rio Grande different than just over lining?

I finally got a chance to cast a Rio Gold on the XP today. It was quite nice, granted in a parking lot. I fished the rod with my 6wt line (I don't know anymore what the actual line is, it's quite a few years old and frankly, before I tended to much to the knowledge of lines) last week and liked it. But the Gold on the pavement was good, loaded really well at 30-40'. Further than that I started to tail the forward loop. I'll need to learn to not over power this rod and let it work as I'm accustomed to casting a much softer, mid-flex Sage SPL. At any rate, I'm going with the Gold and look forward to casting tight loops and shooting this line. Seems like a good fit for the rod.