View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Opinions on a few rods for Northern Pike

An 8 should be good for both pike and salmon. So would a 9, but I find an 8 easier on the wrist if you're going to be casting a lot for several days running.

The Redington CPX is a very nice rod that was recently discontinued. Sierra Trading Post is selling out the remaining stock at deep discounts. You can get the 2- piece 8-weight version today for $134.55 if you use discount keycode HNE3290J, or the 4-piece for $147. (I would suggest the 4 piece for convenience.) It is a little stiffer than some other 8 weights, but if that bothers you you can dampen it by using a 9-weight line instead of an 8.

STP is always running discount promotions, but they change every few days and some days you can get a much better price than others. That keycode I mentioned above expires today. If you're not ready to decide just yet, go to their website and sign up for their email list to be sure you will always have the current discount offer.