View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:18 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default re: Should We Suspend Swaps For The Summer????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccola712 View Post
I don't think its a bad idea to postpone, even though I haven't been a part of any of the swaps I've enjoyed watching them and tying along on occasion.

As far as being a part of the swaps, what skill level is needed? I'm not quite a beginning tier, but by no means professional. The last thing I would want to do in a swap is send sub-par flies, not that I wouldn't put my all into the flies by any stretch of the imagination. I just see some incredible flies coming from our forum members.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the wet fly swap goes!
rccola (as in the actual RC Cola? i like it), there is no skill level requirement to participate in a swap. If you feel like you can contribute a fly that catches fish the by all means you should join in! It's a great, fun way to practice and improve you skills. I've been tying flies for awhile but during this last swap, the wet fly, I actually learned a how to tie in my soft hackles in a way I haven't normally done it and I got way better at tying a fly that I have been making for years. Pretty cool. I tied and extra half dozen once the light went on just because it was so much easier and the final fly was better.

Whenever we decide to start up again I am going to post a swap that encourages tyers that haven't participated yet but have kinda, sorta always wanted to.

Anyway, thanks for following along. And you could always post pics of your work on the "what have you been tying" thread. It's a great place for getting advice.