View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 04:25 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold
Default re: Should We Suspend Swaps For The Summer????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Any members who want to swap flies can easily contact one another using the Private System. They can agree on all details and carry on the swaps out of the public eye. This way only the individuals involved see the results. I have been involved with small private swaps several times and things went fine.
secret swaps are a good sign of snobbery towards all swappers as they would indicate the swapmeister would only invite certain people to participate in his swap. not a good way to run fly swaps.

fly swaps should be open to every tyer that wants to participate.

i have only been in 1 swap on this forum. i too was thinking about host a swap but after seeing how swaps are run here, it may not happen.

off season swaps (i really didnt know there was a season called fly tying) might be smaller in size but that is not necessarily a bad thing or a reason to stop fly swaps. they are actually kinda nice to participate in.

seems to me you would want to grow this forum not stifle it. you can apply rules to swaps and forums but they should not drive people away.

But its your website and I'm sure you'll do what's best.

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/