View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 06:22 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Casting into the wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
When faced with wind in the face I keep my rod on the back cast high... this allows the wind to add to the load of my rod... giving me an even more powerful forward cast which i point my rod tip low to the water on...
Really? I must be doing something seriously wrong because doing this is my normal mishap...and I still couldn't get it to work. I have no doubt this probably works but since I stop my forward cast too low on a regular basis, I think all I would do is make a bad habit worse.

There are a lot of good suggestions here and I bet Silver Creek's dissertation is accurate but once I got to the graph, my eyes started to glaze over! The one really good thing is that, in number 4, he proves (somehow) that wind blows faster the higher above the water you go. It always seemed that way to me but this proof proves it.