View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:54 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default re: Should We Suspend Swaps For The Summer????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Certainly, no need to apologize, Larry.

It's a very good topic; particularly given the situation that we faced just about this time last year with one person running, essentially, all of the swaps, and there is a lot to be said for the fact that as we head into the busy Summer period, time for anything, simply gets more difficult to come by.

I'd suggest that if someone want to start up a swap, than they do that and if there are swappers that are interested in it and if it fills, then let it run. We've had a great history this year of getting swaps filled and completed on time and we've had some really nice patterns tied up by the swap members.

Pocono

Jeez Lu-ezz, people! Yes, Alan it was fine and good for Larry and Ard to broach the subject as Ard pointed out the official swaps here went way too far awry last year. Larry and Ard took over, thankfully, and brought them back with well-defined and parameters. Maybe it seems a little too controlled, but it had to happen in order to get things working again.

-- I find nothing "snobbish" about a couple people trading flies privately.

-- Yes, I enjoy tying and giving away flies, I've enjoyed hosting a swap, but that said the point remains that once summer comes with fishing season, travel, home projects (god help me!), spur of the moment FUN...as summer should be, then it's really easy for a swap to fall apart. And Yes, the world will keep turning but it's not cool when flies don't get exchanged, are late, etc.

-- I find it curious that some people that do not participate in swaps have such strong opinions on the subject

-- Lastly, no matter what is decided, new official swaps should still be OK'd by Larry or Ard. The way they've always been here, i.e. moderated.

That is all. Relax and go fishing! Or tie some flies!