View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 05:26 PM

loren_brothers will become famous soon enough
Default Howdy from the Skagit River

Hi, I live in Concrete, Washington. Major rivers here are the Skagit, Baker, and Sauk. Oodles of lakes though, if you want to fight your way around crazy folk with over-powered boats.

I am new here and actually a fly fishing newbie all the way around! I've only been fly fishing once before and it was on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. After spending $700 US I caught whopping 4" Atlantic Salmon. Now I'm known as the worst American fly fisherman in Scotland. lol.

So if I have a bunch of really, really, really dumb questions to ask please bear with me and be kind. If there is a section of the forum for dummies please point me in that direction!

I scrounged up an ancient (60's?) South Bend reel with spare spool; it's in a #1144 Finalist box but that's not what model it is. The reel is 1 1/4" x 3 5/8" with a single friction drag mechanism. The spools are 1" deep x 3/4" wide. One of the spools has line on it ...
... Had a friend donate an Eagle Claw 'Trailmaster' #M4TMF 7 1/2' four piece fiberglass rod. (age unknown) Says Line Size 7 and has a cryptic "3-H" also ...
... also a box of assorted drys and nymphs.

And that is the sum total of my knowledge.