Thread: warmwater pics
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: warmwater pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Question, when &where are you allowed to lift a Sturgeon out of the water?
Here you can. In fact till yesterday, when the season closed for them, you could clobber one. For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would want to. Just what you really want to eat. A bottom feeder that is at least 25 years old, that is so fatty you can light them like a candle from a river with three paper mills. Not my idea of edible.

Then there is the whole thing where they only spawn once every 4 to 7 years (individual fish, there is a spawning run yearly) and don't do it till they are pretty close to 4 feet long. These are not a species that take being beaten up on very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john montana View Post
The fish swam off strongly, and while that can mean little I believe this fish was fine.
I am sure it was. They are actually very tough fish.